What is a Building Survey?
A Building Survey is a comprehensive inspection of a property. It is suitable for all properties but in particular:
- Those properties over 75 years old
- Buildings constructed in an unusual way, regardless of age
- Buildings that you intend to renovate or change
- Buildings that have already been renovated or significantly altered
- Listed Buildings
A Building Survey examines all accessible elements of the property. You can, however, request that certain areas are emphasised to cover particular concerns that you may have about the property. The Surveyor will prepare a Building Survey Report to meet your needs.
Aspects of a Building Survey
- Subsidence (shrinking clay and gravel leaching)
- Severe disrepair (collapsing load bearing structural elements)
- Dampness penetrating, rising and condensation
- Timber decay, fungal and insect
- Sagging and leaking soil drains
- The presence of vermin
- Vegetation growth (trees & shrubs)
- Presence of asbestos
- Means of escape in case of fire
You can reach us for assistance with regard to structural building surveys, home buyers and condition survey reports,
by using the click to call button, or by
and we’ll be happy to help.
Call FREE Today on 0800 047 6763